26 September, 2013

Sochaux coach offers to resign

all | France



 

 













Eric Hely said he had offered to resign as coach of Ligue 1 tailenders Sochaux after Wednesday's 5-1 defeat by Guingamp left them without a win in seven league matches this season.
The 48-year-old – who had no previous coaching experience before taking the job in March 2012 – said that it would be in the best interests of the club if he stepped aside.


"I have battled for this club alongside my technical staff, players and directors, for 20 months," he said.
"I saved the club twice (from relegation) but this evening in the interests of the club I have offered my resignation to the board."
Hely, a former defender who came through the youth system at Sochaux, will leave the club bottom of the table with just two points.
He is the first Ligue 1 coach to leave his post this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment