27 October, 2013

Eaglets will get better –Manu


Manu Garba
Golden Eaglets’ coach Manu Garba believes his team will get better as the tournament progresses despite a 5-0 win over Iraq at the Rashid Stadium in Dubai on Friday.
The Golden Eaglets put up a near virtuoso performance by scoring four goals in the first half and the last in the second half as they dominated the Iraqis that only made their first appearance at this level.
Manu said Iraq should be proud of their performance at this championship despite losing all their three matches.
He said there was room for improvement for the Golden Eaglets since they did not get enough quality friendly matches during their pre-tournament camping.


“Iraq gave their best and I want to commend them. But despite our victory, we have noticed some lapses which will be corrected as we move on. We’ll get better as the tournament progresses,” he said.
Manu added that the team would be ready for the knockout stages irrespective of the opposition.
Meanwhile, Golden Eaglets’ Obasi Chigozie has described his goal against Iraq as the best of his career.
Obasi, who came in as a second half substitute for another goal scorer Chidiebere Nwakali, said the experience would be unforgettable.
“I feel great for being able to score today,” Obasi said. “Though I scored a goal when I was in the Under-15 team but I’m so thrilled about this particular goal because it was at the World Cup.”
“I’m dedicating the goal to my teammates because I considered myself lucky to be part of this team.”

No comments:

Post a Comment